I LOVE Rosemary.
A few weeks ago I decided that I wanted to cook once a week. So, a couple weeks ago I decided to go up to my sister Malia's house and cook. I'm a new at cooking and baking so I need a supervisor when I cook. I decided to cook Rosemary skewered chicken and for dessert Red velvet Cupcakes. The chicken was pretty easy, the only hard part was the sauce. It was supposed to thicken but it never did. I have no idea what I could have done different to help it thicken, but when I cook it again maybe it will thicken. The chicken was really good. I had never cook with rosemary before. Rosemary is my new favorite spice. Anything with rosemary is delicious. I got the recipe off the Biggest Loser. The Cupcakes were not hard either. Again, I had never made cupcakes from scratch so I was a little worried, but they turned out okay. I had never had anything Red Velvet either so I didn't know it that's how the cupcakes were supposed to taste, but I was reassured that they were right. The recipe made WAY to much, and it called for 2 sticks of butter. The cupcake tasted like i was eating a muffin with butter on it. Next time I make them I'm going to red more red food coloring and more coco flavoring. I'm also going to stick to original cream cheese frosting. You can never go wrong with that. I got the recipe off of the food network from Paula Deen. If any of you watch Paula cook, you know that she cooks/bakes with a lot of butter. Almost all her recipes call for 2 sticks of butter. I would avoid her recipes, unless you can substitute something for the butter. I can't because I am a beginner. Maybe one day I will be pro! My cousin Carly inspired me to cook. I love reading her blog and seeing what creation she made in the kitchen. Check out her blog Carly's Kitchen.









3 comments:
I love to cook too! I should teach you how to cook some of my favorite recipes sometime. They are pretty easy and not very fattening. Anyways, continue to have fun cooking! I'm actually cooking dinner and dessert right now! :)
Hey, how come you don't come over to our house to cook us dinner? Huh? Whats up with that? I am expecting a full blown meal when the baby is born.!
I love rosemary,too! I could eat it everyday in various things. Have you tried the rosemary and olive oil triscuts? They are pretty good. Love your blog!
Post a Comment